Slip Resistant Coating for Internal Floor Surfaces
Filmstar is designed to be used on the widest range of indoor floor surfaces. This is achieved by its excellent adhesion, enhanced by two base sealers that can be for porous stone, concrete, vinyl tiles, terrazzo, Terrazzite architectural terrazzo and pavers.
Even porous ceramic tiles can be coated with this system.
Sheet vinyl and linoleum don't need any presealers.
Filmstar requires no special application for a wet look gloss off the mop.
Filmstar was developed for high traction and high performance, with a fine balance between ultimate gloss and long term wearability. This floor coating does not sacrifice film toughness for slip resistance or gloss.
- Fast drying formulation reduces labour costs
- Superior dirt hold out
- Use the Filmstar maintenance program to help meet and exceed Australian and New Zealand standards for slip resistance under wet and dry conditions
- Floors can stay cleaner longer without the need for harsh cleaning product.
For best results, strip off old finish using either Sledgehammer or, for more difficult to remove sealers, Steamroller.
Check Data sheet, manual or label for directions.
After the floor is completely dry, burnish the floor with a red pad (350 -500RPM machines), or a Jackaroo or Jackaroo Light pad if you use UHS machinery.
Note: It is imperative that all new floors are stripped to remove any factory coating that may affect adhesion. Burnishing also builds gloss and helps reduce floor porosity. You will need less base sealer or Filmstar.
Do I Need to Preseal?
Presealer is needed for:
- Vinyl Tiles: These are porous after stripping. Sealing with Bedrock is recommended
- Terrazzo, Architectural Terrazzite and Marble: Always use a presealer, to provide the best adhesion and wear resistance. select Bedrock for ultra white, clear appearance and easier removability; or Blockade for the ultimate adhesion penetration for wear, stain and spill resistance on stone or porous ceramic floors.
No presealer required, just use Filmstar on:
- Sheet Vinyl, Parquet, Floating Timber Floors, Linoleum and Urethane Vinyl Composites
- Textured, Profiled, Composite or Smooth Rubber: Non porous nature eliminates the need to preseal
- Linoleum: Sensitivity to alkaline strippers precludes the use of any sealer, due to the removability problems and the damage that strong strippers can cause to Linoleum.
Application of Filmstar
Use a clean poly cotton mop. Prewash and leave damp.
Apply Filmstar only half way up the mop, and wring out until not dripping. Twirl the mop to disperse finish and ensure wide coverage.
Apply in thin even, slightly overlapping figure of eight strokes. Cover about forty square metres. Apply to edge every second coat.
Total coats for deep gloss (including sealer): 5 to 6.
Fringe Mop: Dampen the mop. Apply finish from via a watering can down the centre aisle or designated path. Apply the finish from the centre down each edge then fill in. Don't apply too thickly with a fringe mop, as drying is difficult. Powdering will result from too much sealer applied, too quickly.
- Fringe Mop - 30-40 sq m per Litre
- Poly Cotton Mop - 35-50 sq m per Litre
Maintenance for Wet Slip Resistance
For foyers, food service areas, fruit and vegetable areas in supermarkets:
Autoscrubbing or mopping with Supastar is the only way to achieve grime free, slip resistant shiny floors.
Autoscrub as directed, at approx 1 to 100 parts water, 1 to 80 mopping.
Do not use any other detergent.