CUPOLEX® Building System
SCDCS are the South Distributors and Agents for CUPOLEX® Plastic Modular Form voids for raft slabs.
CUPOLEX® is sustainable, cost effective and safe for the environment.
What is CUPOLEX®?
CUPOLEX® is a patented structural dome concrete slab system, made from recycled non-toxic Polypropylene.
Each dome easily inter-connects to create a self supporting structure which acts as permanent form work, as an alternative to RibRaft polystyrene and/or hard fill in your concrete slab.
CUPOLEX® provides an absolute barrier and reduces potential for rising damp, with no capillary action possible. It also is cost effective.
CUPOLEX® domes interlock together to form a void in the slab. CUPOLEX® foundations are designed by engineers on a site by site basis, and are strengthened with beams and thickenings in the appropriate places.
Structural Benefits and Advantages of the CUPOLEX® Dome System
- The system has inherent properties which reduce slab curling and shrinkage cracks. This in turn provides a better quality concrete surface for your foundation.
- From a compressive point of view, it exceeds all Australian Standard Requirements.
- The under-slab void allows a number of options for running cables and pipes, making the installation of underslab utilities after construction fast and cost effective.
- The system also allows design of complete structurally suspended foundations, the beams of which span between piles or piers.
- In areas where subsidence has occurred, for example as a result of the Christchurch earthquake, the air void beneath the concrete slab is perfect as a cavity to accept expanding urethane used to lift foundations.
- The system can also be designed to create under-slab water reservoirs, either for water detention and storm water management, or as rain water storage, eg for irrigation, washing cars and flushing toilets.
- The CUPOLEX® system is approved for installation at USAF bases as a Radon Gas Mitigation System.
- COMPACT - The pallets arrive on site shrink wrapped. Approx 3 pallets for 200m2 foundation, instead of a truck and trailer of polystyrene
- FAST - 2 labourers can put down 150-200m2 in about an hour with basic hand tools
- FLEXIBLE - Site specific design can adapt to all residential, commercial and industrial concrete foundations
- GREEN - Uses less concrete than a equivalent Slab on Grade or Waffle Pod Slab
- GREEN - Manufactured from 100% non-toxic recycled and recyclable material which can contribute to GREEN or LEED certified building
- GREEN - 90% less transport requirement to get it to site than Polystyrene
- ERGONOMIC - 90% less space on site than a delivery of Polystyrene
- COST EFFECTIVE - One pallet of CUPOLEX® can replace 3-4 trucks of gravel or fill. Savings increase if engineered fill is a requirement
- COST EFFECTIVE - In general, the CUPOLEX® system uses fewer man hours, less concrete, less steel and requires less heavy machinery on site
- TRANSPORT - 3 Pallets versus a Heavy truck & trailer full of Polystyrene reduces construction traffic issues or damage
- SAFE - CUPOLEX® componentry is black and glare free. Anecdotal evidence suggests that installers suffer from the glare of polystyrene
- STRONG - CUPOLEX® foundations can be engineered for all Australian soil types
- WARM - Thermal analysis shows that the CUPOLEX® slab foundations perform better than Waffle Pod foundations in some areas.
For your project to be specified, contact SCDCS.